.jpg)
Todays day made me very happy and also very very sad.The day started with happiness but unfortunately, ended with very grave news.Its the contrast between how I was immensely touched today but in very different ways.
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
~Alan.K.Chalmers
Its been 11 months since we've been together and everyday has been an adventure.We've been through a lot and we've seen eachother grow.We've had our share of rains and an equal share of sunshine.Hurdles never ceased and I know they won't ever cease but we've overcome them together.We balance eachother and we hold it all together.
Lately it has been one of those tough phases where being able to meet often is not easy.Its restricted to twice a week only for a couple of hours.Today is one of the most special days of my life and it really saddened me how again, the time permitted was only 30 minutes.I was very upset but I was thankful that I would at least see him.
The way he can know what I'm feeling every moment is nothing but mind boggling because he changed those 30 minutes into exactly what I hoped for.I wanted it to be special.I wanted our traditional fancy restaurant and movie and surprises.Even though we weren't at a fancy restaurant and had to make do with a coffee bistro he turned those 30 minutes into the most special moment ever.He sneaked some wine in his bag and gluped down two glasses of iced tea before I came and poured the wine into the empty glasses, he ordered my favourite blueberry cheesecake and wore my favourite formal shirt.I could not stop smiling.When he gave me a hug, I could hear crunching sounds from his pocket.Soon, I was grinning inanely when he handed me my present(s) which were cell fone accessories :D(Refer to picture).I was so damn happy(the materialistic twit that I am :-)He is just too good at surprises and I knew he, like always would plan something out of this world ;-)
Happy thing #2
One of my best friends got accepted into the Taj Aurangabad for her hotel management course.Shes aspiring to be a chef and I know she'll make it because she loves to cook and is very creative with food!Its been a series of downs for her lately.She also auditioned for Indian Idol but did not get in which is pretty crappy considering that she sings very well! Anyway, shes one of those people that deserves happiness because things haven't been too great for her.I'm glad things are finally working out for her!
A brief candle;
both ends burning
An endless mile;
a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.
~Ronnie Van Zant , Lynyrd Skynyrd.
A friend of mine passed away today.It was both shocking and difficult to digest.It was a bike accident and it was too late by the time they got him to the hospital.We went to school together and his mom was my favourite teacher.I can't even begin to imagine what she must be going through.He was the kind of guy that loved having fun.His sarcasm always cracked you up and he was also dating one of my friends for almost 4 years now.Its unbelievable because he did not deserve to go this way.He just got accepted into the college he wanted to, I remember he used to borrow geography notes from me in school and told me how he did well because of me.I can't accept it that hes gone.I can't even begin to explain how hilarious he was.The funeral is tomorrow and I don't think I will be able to face his family.Please pray for his family and for him, who was always considerate of others feelings and was someone that got along with everyone.I can't even express it in words.My hands are shaking.It scares me how I was talking to him yesterday and now his funny jokes and that fun filled soul are just a memory.I'll miss you Arun.
25 comments:
AWWWWWWW mmmwwwaaahh u cuteheartt!! :P jus wanted to be the first to comment! love you! mwah!
Awwww.......Its sad that one of your friends passed. My condolences go out to you and the family.....I will pray for you....and then fam.....but remember the good times you both had with each other....reliving the moment through memory is better then not remembering anything at all.....!!
By the way, GREAT BLOG! I'll be stopping by here MUCH MORE OFTEN....!!
M so sorry mich..
=>lady scorpio - yeah thats true...his family needs everyones prayers...and thanks hoping to see more of u :)
=>lemony - :)
OMG Michi Im soo sorry to hear abt ur friend. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ! Its really sad!!
Keshi.
it is...thanks kesh :)
sorry for the bad news!! congrats on ur new look ... the hearder looks even better!!!!! good soundtrack too!! ;)
Oh such a touching post...I think I smiled when you were describing your 30 minutes....so good.
Feel sad for your friend. My condolences and prayers with you and his family. Just be strong.
=>confessing girl - thanks =)
=>pranay - thanks pranay :)
OMG!! that is heart wrenching!
and by the way .. was this mrs.dalvi's son??
YES! u know her/him?
yes .. i know his sister and mrs.dalvi taught my sister .. infact they stay in the neighbourhood .. i only got to know about it today! and it was very very depressing .. my mum was also pretty shocked.
aw i'm soo sorry michelle
=>rt - oh so ur sis was a maryite? and ok ur a frnd of nataasha's?
=>anahita - :)
Awwws, I'd be devastated too. May he rest in peace...
:)
That was really sweet of ur boy fren! I know about phases.. even we end up having them if we cant meet! lol :)
Im really sorry about your fren Arun michi... really sad..
I'll pray. take care. hugs!
Can imagine ur emotions.. maybe some alone time at a church, temple or wherever u feel comfy may help. I did that once. I went to an empty church. and the silence healed me.:)
this is cute!
=>ego - I know about phases.. even we end up having them if we cant meet! lol :)
sigh...lol i hate it wen they happen :P and thanks :)
=>barbara - thanks :)
i know!!! but i think guys need to meet more often than girls...
hhahaa totally...hes soo hysterical if we can't meet :P
Hey.. so sorry to hear abt ur friend.. this is life.. full of unexpected surprises.. u never know wot it vil throw at u, but all u can do is accept it wid open arms..
n nice to hear abt the times wid ur guy :)
TC
yeah...u can't change destiny...c'est la vie eh?...and thanks lol
hi michelle,
well...you try hard...but you must also learn to let go and get on with things. i have made mistakes...then if friends don't want to forgive you. oh well.....
huh...paris should be in jail PERIOD.
she's such a loser
ELAINE
lol yeah she shud and i love the judge tht sent her to jail!
Post a Comment