Friday, March 16, 2007

Girls' Day Out!


I love those girls' days out.I become a totally different person when I'm just with my girlfriends doing regular girly things like shopping and trying a zillion things without the guys giving you "Will you just pick one thing and get out of there already!" glare.Having lunch and talking...oops my bad, gossiping about the whole world and our opinions.Discussing individual love lives and giving eachother advice.


I had not had a fun girls' day out in a very long time.Because the one I had recently was with my school friends and it had been ages since I met them and I realised how much I missed them.I realised things had not changed one bit.We all were the same people when we got talking.I realised how good they made me feel about myself and how I love being myself and opening up around them.Ever since things have strained between my group of friends in college, it feels like I have gone into this shell.I hardly talk in their presence...in fact, I feel very depressed in their presence.Everytime I'm with them and I see how they act, I wonder, how can they put this fake show when I know whats really going on in their heads.


I spoke to my school friends about this, and they think I should talk to them but they also think that it should not turn out to be the kind of situation where they get all defensive and try to defend themselves in various ways possible.Although, it beats me how they would defend themselves after the nasty things said in the mail.(p.s-for those that are wondering what mail I am talking about, please refer to my earlier post titled "Life never ceases to surprise me".)It was written last month.


After a lot of discussion, we decided to just put our past behind us and just have some fun.Had a great lunch, shopped, clicked lots of pictures, went to the restroom at least a 1000 times with them to fix our hair and put lipgloss(stop rolling your eyes!).I needed this day out.I really did.It feels nice when someone cares about you the same amount you care about them.Its even nicer when they accept you for who you are and love you because of who you are.

9 comments:

All Is Whole said...

Its good to take some time out and enjoy the days in same way as we used to enjoy few years earlier....
Enjoy ur day..... :)

Michelle said...

yep :)

Alapana said...

It sure feels good to just be ourselves at times,and what better than a good old friend and sure all girl gangs help immensely at times:) good to know you had a great time.

Michelle said...

yep they sure do... and thanks!

Michelle said...

i know lol...thanks for leaving us 'alone' although i totally DID NOT WANT U TO :( tht was a very sweet gesture

Steven said...

I haven't had a dirls day out in ages.

Mostly because I lack all the things necessary to be a girl...like a vagina. ;)

Steve~

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Aah am sure that was refreshing! And its always fun being around with someone who loves u genuinely and unconditionally ... am not talkin abt ur boyfriend here! lol

Vintage Girl said...

YAY!! girls day out are always sooo much funn!!
n i can totally relate to being urself w/ ur old frnds...i'm hardly ever the same person when im talkin to my american frnds compared to when im talkin to my frnds back in india....its just the comfort level u have w/ them that helps u being urself n not wrryin abt stupid things lik what they think abt u...lol im rambling now
peace

Michelle said...

lol yep it feels different wen yr with people u have been wit for so long hehe