Monday, May 17, 2010

Unopened Chocolates.

My world without those mornings filled with the intellect and perspective will be very difficult to adjust to. I can't seem to get myself to believe that her voice won't ricochet in my head. Chaucer, Eliot, Kafka, James Joyce, Sylvia Plath, Dante, Hamlet,Khushwant Singh, Kantapura. Every fibre of her being brimming with passion for what she does.Teach. But is she really a teacher? Shes not. Shes an artist. Shes an artist that has filled our wok of a head with all those ingredients that she has strived to learn and make better to create the perfect recipe.She took my interest in a language and my interest to learn and devour pieces of literature to an entire new level.She made me want to twist things further and squeeze out ambiguities and make sure I realise that every story has two sides.If not, three =]

Its been almost a month since I have been to that dusty classroom with tiny little desks and uncomfortable benches. I miss her segues to mythology, her travels to some of the BEST places in the world and her hilarious anecdotes that make me realise what life really should be about.
She is one of the few people I need to be around in order to not encounter any sort of creative block. Her perspective on almost everything was my food for thought which eventually drove me to think more, feel more and want to experience more. She made education mean so much. I never thought the presence of someone in your life could give you the drive to want so many things. You would think that my ramblings about describing her as almost something divine would make her seem intimidating. Thats just whats so different about her. She makes you feel like you too, could be that way. Shes adorably forgetful and funny; but at the same time possesses the kind of wit that would "scare the bejesus out of" any sarcastic remark.


Here is to someone who's literary competence should not be under estimated.



I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture.

All Is Whole said...

Who's She???

Good to see you after a long time!!

And a story doesn't has sides, its always circular .... lol

Smiles :)
Prashant

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

I don't want to comment. I don't want to say meaningless words.

But I get what you feel. Full stop.

Keep smiling ....

Unknown said...

you make me wanna be a English major now :p u make me feel wanna turn back time and tick on that form Eng instead of Eco..just to be with you to experience wat uv experienced with ur teacher :)

Ruchita said...

so true michelle!!! beautifully wirtten:)

Michelle said...

Virus,
I love it too!

Pacifier,
It's directed to my favourite teacher in college. Cicular stories don't ever have the spice. The same path will never bear fruit. Different theories to a story bring forth it's true meaning(s). A story without "sides" could might has well have never been written =]

Deepa,
Right back at you =]

Daevu,
Hehehe! You should have. Cause you can totally be philosophical! I'd think you'd enjoy it! Especially with an entertaining character as her and your love our mutual love for drama =P

Ruchita,
Ty =]

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.