WHAT?That, my friends is PRECISELY what I'm feeling right now.I just had an epiphany! I KNOW what I want to do! Yes, I finally KNOW! Let me tell you this, it is not even close to what I thought I wanted to do or even what I am doing right now.
I, want to be a food critic! I want to travel (SCORE!), experience new food and new cultures, (UH, SUH-CO-HORE!!!) and WRITE ABOUT IT! (SCORE x infinity!).
I know I am not the snappiest cook (in fact, I don't do uh, kitchen related things) but, I know food.I appreciate it more than anyone! I know flavours, I know the plethora of cuisines that I ever so strive to devour.
But, this is somehow a territory I'm so terrified to enter.I have always had 7 other options to consider in case my life doesn't head the way I planned.That is, if I follow my current yellow brick road.I probably am so very unfamiliar with the intricacies of whipping up a good meal because I have never been brave enough to attempt it.
I really consider myself super Miss Butterfingers when it comes to the whisking of eggs and stirring and chopping and icing.I sliced the top of my thumb once while cutting a fruit. Thats right, a fruit.
So, as I sat there taking a break from writing about something completely different, I read a summary on what it takes to be a "Food Critic". I shit you not, NOTHING has summed my interests better.Food + Writing + Travelling = MICHELLE.
I don't know what I'm going to do.I honestly feel like a lost piece of lingerie in a frat boy's backseat.
I don't know where to begin.I don't know whether I should even chase this dream that makes my soul sing.
I don't know if I should stick it out with my current plan and then see where this one goes. I don't know.
The paradox?
Despite all these winged question marks fluttering around in my head, I KNOW.
7 comments:
a wise person told me yesterday nd i quote... "if you dont know...then you just dont know!" well to reverse it then i say to you "if YOU know... YOU just know" go with it ur feelings are the best thing to give you direction they were put in us to give us direction like an internal compass of sorts and finally to quote nike..."just do it" (man im in a quotey mood today must head to boston chicken i cud win the free meal!)
LOL! How true are you? Quite true, I say.Quite true.
Jeff Lebowski, uh, sorry. You call him The Dude or Your Dudeness or just Dude. He once said, and ever since he's said that I've been following it like an ant following the other ant [Why do they do that, these ants?]. He said, holding a White Russian in one hand and a doobie in the other, and I quote, 'Fuck it'.
'Fuck it' works when things don't work.
As a Dudeist all I can say is, take it easy and spend that shit, man.
Good to know you know =D
Happy for you.=D
virus,
lol.well said.dudeism be so cool yo.
dave,
hehe.good to know that you know that i know!
that's like my dream come true too!!
In fact, I have already started working on it .. just trying to write restaurant reviews for now and winning movie tickets :D
I am sure you would have heard this song "we walk" by the ting tings..one of the lines go like this "we got the choice, if it all goes wrong, we walk"
but at least TRY. If you KNOW, then give it your honest shot.
And yeah, be brave now, and first at teast try and cook a nice meal just for yourself, if noone else...wat say?
Post a Comment