
Changes, changes, CHANGES!
This time it isn't me thats having to deal with the ever so agonizing 'change' factor.Its all rock solid flowers and hearts with me.Its the changes that I am witnessing.
Friends are moving, friends are going through serious issues, friends are smoking pot, friends are following in my footsteps and healthily losing weight (no more eating and then finger sticking down one's throat-halleluja!), friends are losing their virginity.
What am I doing?
I'm watching, I'm smiling, I'm being understanding, I'm being supportive.
I'm fine.
Want to know whats going on in my head? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
When did my stupid friends grow up? When did they start making life altering decisions? I mean I didn't plan on having braiding sessions and giggling fits with them forever, but I have just realised how much they have changed over the past year.Its raining down on me like bird poop!(you know, like you only know you've been crapped on when you feel something slimy). I'm really happy for the ones that have changed for the better, but it just makes me think that is it just me that hasn't changed? I'm still the same person.I'm more vain but I think thats about it!
They are all changing but I'm happy that we're still so close.
Maybe some things don't change after all :-) Its scary, but we're all growing up.These are the people who I shared my crayons with, who I consoled when they got their hearts broken, who I helped throw stones at boys, who I shared my lipgloss with.I can't make them stop doing certain things but I can try.I can try to be a better friend so they don't have to get high in order to ease the pain.I love them.
20 comments:
ha well life is full of changes...
Awesome post. Keep up the spirits.
Agree its part of growing!
Keep the spirit high
Cheers
vishesh,
yeah... :) say vishesh i really couldn't find the post you tagged me in :S
solitaire,
thank yu :)
dawn,
:)
hey michelle its been sucha long time since u posted i really missed your posts it was like part of my day to check your blog everyday im your biggest fan lol but anyway im glad that u did finally post it made my day a lot brighter :p and now about your post .... yes life is full of changes and u gotta go with the flow u cant stay behind change is good sometimes and bad sometimes but one thing is for sure change is here to stay lol u cant fight it and besides life wud be very boring if it wer the same damn thing all the time wudn it? u need some sweetness and some bitterness to make your meal complete and as to you wanting to be a better friend *someone* once told me never to blame yourself just do what u feel u can and let life roll it'l hit a smooth patch sometime or the other wont it mwah! well keep posting i love your writing see ya later love you to the moon and back!
I though the same way when I was 19 too....but....
TImes changed...people changed...
The people I called best frens, walked away dear...
aru,
yeah i know...lol u can't get more wiser than that...how do u get to be so wisdom-ous(?) lol...it almost makes me wonder where that goofball is when you get into your 'gyaan' moments...haha but thats what i love...thank you ko! aishiteru
cindy,
they get scared sometimes tht ill walk away...
love you to the moon and back was my line.
All 've said the same thing, change is the only constant factor in life (i've written this line so many times that even my fingers demand a change now! ;p)
Plus growing up is not a bad thing. Some learn from their own experiences, some from others' experiences and some use their head to learn but keep regretting for not having tried out things themselves. All depends on an individual, I wouldn't categorise myself because am perhaps a mixture of all of above. But then at the end of the day, its all upto you.
Like a good girl .... and a good friend .. you advised them whats right(what you think is right) ... but you can't force anything on anyone. They do what they feel is okay and consider themselves the wisest (at that moment).
I know it hurts to see your own friends drifting away from you ... but guess everyone goes through that ... even I am .. and even my friends are. :)
So its a life process ... nothing to fret about. You'll be alright .. just hang in there :)
Mmmuuaahh ... I know I've written a lot (and kept beating arnd the bush) but my brain's so dysfunctional after doing a @!£"!$@%^ Business Engineering with ERP Solutions assignment.
take care xx
lol i read through tht twice...was really nice...thank you...mebbe thats why ive always seen u as a big sister hehe
Business Engineering with ERP Solutions assignment.
i donno how the hell u do tht btw...
lol i am checking you re after so long...sigh....well try this...lol i changed my blog from blogger to wordpress....http://visheshunni.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/gbu-tag/
Want some advice from a 25+ aging friend-loving guy.. Enjoy the memories. Cherish them. In years to come, they may be all you have.. Everything changes. No matter how well you plan your future with a place for all your friends in it, there will always be a wind( be it distance, character, love or misunderstanding ) which will scatter those plans.. be the best you can be.
Hi...Nice post. Have went thru this...only difference is I had stopped meeting those friends before I saw that completely changed avatar years later and was shocked!!! We always feel we haven't changed a bit...;-).
Nice to know u r understanding of them....:-).
omg michelle!! i sooo know where ur coming from....i've been experiencing the same! i guess that's what life is about!
but funny thing is, i've been changing wayy too much myself and i dont know if its good or bad but im liking....im a happier person now so i guess its cool! =)
Wow... that's like a window to my head a few years back... Before you know it, you will change too.. and love growing up.I love your blog... it's so... well, honest.
vishesh,
arite vishesh, ill make a note of the new url :)
roshan,
yeah as the saying goes ''change is the only constant''. its nu...so it feels a little weird
pranay,
man, i know how tht feels as well...wen u see someone after a while and they have changed completely (FOR THE WORSE!)
anahita,
lol...i guess we're at tht age and phase...but whether its good or bad, ur happy right? period :)
shy machete,
thanks :)
I just loved this post... gladly most of my friends are not doing something stupid. BUt yeah there were times .......
its not whether is sumtin stupid or not...its just like i feel like it was just yest tht i was screaming to spice girl songs and dancing arnd with them!
lol @spice girls songs!
Michi all grown up n all now ha..cool! HUGS!
Keshi.
lol hugss kesh :)
Post a Comment