Thursday, September 13, 2007

Messages From The Masters


Another author has caught my attention majorly.Even though his books are pretty old, the effect they had on me is inexplicable.I don't know how many you have read Many Lives, Many Masters(or any of the other books) by Dr Brian Weiss, but the one mentioned above is a good start to eventually reading all the books written by him.


The term reincarnation never really lit a light bulb in my head.It was just another term used during my lectures of philosophy.I used to take in the information my teacher gave me, analyse it and leave it because I honestly never believed in reincarnation...all that until I read his book.
Stuff like this interests me no doubt, but even though I'm not very scientific minded, most of the time I need proof to convince myself.


I don't even know where to begin and tell you how much this book has changed the way I think.I agree it takes really good writing to convince people, but the way he writes, its so
analytical...so deep and intense...it really makes you pause and re-read those lines and
actually THINK and wonder.


The book is based on one of his patients that came to him to get rid of her phobias that haunted
her mentally and when he finally had to resort to hypnotic sessions, she could transmit back
past life memories so detailed and evaluated that he was amazed.She could describe the tiniest
of emotions and smells.She could feel it and every session helped her get rid of everything she
was ever afraid of.She also could transmit back messages from spirits (or higher beings) that he
has termed as 'masters' that bore knowledge to many things.The book lets you tap into yourself
and help you extract love and understanding as the solution to most of lifes problems.


It makes you realise that no one ever dies but we keep coming back to balance out our
karmas(as said in Hindu beliefs).Things happen because they are supposed to.Every action we
do,adds to our weighing scale of life and in order to progress to higher levels of
spirituality(eventually reaching God) we need to balance out our debts.


It makes me think about one of my friends that recently passed away...his exact words few
hours before his death were ''Mom, I feel so content...I feel like i have everything now''.We are
often sent on a mission to accomplish certain things and we pass on after they are
complete...we can often choose what kind of life we want to have which is why certain people
choose a more difficult lifetime in order to progress to highler planes quickly.


After this one patient, he has regressed over thousands of people and they have all tapped into
memories of past lifetimes.Not only have they been cured of any phobias or mental conflicts,
but also are leading better lives.


One lady used to have bad chronic back aches and no doctor could ever diagnose what was
wrong with her.She eventually found out in one of her hypnotic sessions that she was a soldier
in a past lifetime and an enemy had stabbed her in the back.
Two twins in New York city were once babbling some language that their parents found very
queer because it didn't sound like invented baby talk...on taking them to the linguistics
department in NYU, they found out they were talking in Armaniac...the language spoken around the time of Jesus Christ in Palestine.


Carl Jung once said, that we all have this area in our minds that has certain memories which we
cannot voluntarily open up.


I can state a zillion examples from his books but you will only do justice to yourselves if you
actually read this book.PLEASE GET HOLD OF HIS BOOKS AND READ THEM.
I still have two more to read and I think I'll only be disappointed once they are over.I'm not trying to convince you into believing anything cause this post isn't half as convincing as his book...just give it a read and please share your views on it!!


This is his website http://www.brianweiss.com/ and be sure to check this out http://www.brianweiss.com/ask_me.htm

26 comments:

abhartiya said...

did i get a gold? *wonders*

anyways, nice read in here...i have never believed in anything that gives me the smallest hint of superstition to me..yes, i put reincarnation as superstition..
but you know, all these real life examples are so fascinating that one has to believe in such things..i still am not sure about it..but even then ill try reading this book...i wouldnt mind knowing about my wherebouts in my previous birth lol...

:)
cheers!

Michelle said...

i know!! there are so many things out there that u can't fully explain...some r just too complex to blv!! but yeh...sometimes u gotta think outta the box...and its also good for a good read just to entertain urself...blv me u WILL be entertained :) lol

tc!

Anonymous said...

Grt blog gurl!!!

Sudeep said...

this post got added as one of my most fav posts on ur blog.. u wrote this one extremely well
Now i want to pick up tht book.. :)

n yeah before i forget i mailed this to some colleagues without ur permission n one of them accused me of copyright infringement.. lol.. so just letting u know.. now m clean :D

twilight said...

would it suffice for me to say I'm grabbing my purse and heading to the bookstore?! :)

love the look of your blog *yay pink*

Michelle said...

ashu,

thanks ashu!

sudeep,

hahaa...no probs...greatt ur gna get hold of the book! try landmark :P

twilight,

it definitely would ;) and thanks!

AmitL said...

Hi,Michelle...nice review...Will read the book during my next India visit,though..:)

Michelle said...

why only then?

AmitL said...

Hi,Michelle..simple reason-in this nutty place,even Fri-Sat off doesn't allow time for peaceful book reading.So,I get my fill of books,when I'm in Baroda.grin.I know,I know...sounds like an excuse.:)

Michelle said...

awww...dont forget to chek it out then (wen ur in baroda) :P

Karthik ,K.N said...

i suppoz reincarnation is juz superstitious ... its the feelin tht is obtained in the subconsious level ..... though i suppoz gr8 works with da author...

Michelle said...

after reading his book i definitely crossed out the superstition...but yeh great work by the author!

deepsat said...

nice review!!! definitely will give it a read!!

;-))

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting:]

Michelle said...

deepsat,

thanks...and great! :)

nefty,

thanks :)

Dawn said...

Hey cool gal...thanks for the review and to show a book ...;) will try

Cheers

harshad said...

wow....i didnt know of these books. though phiosophy usually screws me up, i will read this one :-)

how u doin btw? long tim

Sudeep said...

i hope u wont hit me if i ask where is landmark :D

Michelle said...

dawn,

great! :) ur welcome!

harshad,

hehe not too much into philosophy? bt yeh read it...u might just like it ;) m good how u been exams still stressing u out?

sudeep,

omg...lol SUDDEeeepp its opposite sgs magnum(kakade) HOPE UUU KNOW WHERE THT IS!

darkling said...

wanna read wanna read

Michelle said...

please do please do :)

Keshi said...

sounds like a great one then. tnxx Michi!

Keshi.

Michelle said...

:)

tkkerouac said...

Wow Michelle, You've done alot of work here on your blogskins, great job.
That books sounds like it would be very interesting.
Maybe you can help me with my blogroll one day, I have no idea how to use it.

Kriti said...

wow...this sounds amazing! Will definitely try to get my hands on it :)
just outta curiosity, what's ur major?

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

try his " only love is real".. that was a real gem