Monday, August 22, 2005


Evanescence created its fans by its popular soundtrack ''Bring me to life'' featured in the movie ''Daredevil''.That was their headstart to success.At the 2004 grammys,they were nominated for ''Going Under''.Another hit was ''My Immortal'' which is also one of my favourites.Evanescence was all set!
But...things got very difficult for this goth rock band when lead vocalist Amy Lee's Boyfriend and band founder Ben Moody went through an uneven period of drug and alcohol abuse and psychological turmoil.He went into rehab.That wasn't the only reason for Ben leaving the band.Amy and Ben realised that their thoughts were not similar,Ben was more commercial minded whereas Amy was more creative.
This is when the question rose as to whether Evanescence was here to stay,or was it going to just eventually fade away.
This is the part where Amy Lee comes in.I simply adore her.When Ben Moody left,Amy decided that the ''show must go on'' .She decided to launch the next album.But...radio stations refused to play songs from her nu album beacause accordin to them,GIRLS CANNOT LEAD A ROCK BAND! (i know...even i went ''grrrrr''!!!!!) How misgonystic is thaaat????!!!!!!!! But herez the best part-Amy fought for it...she went to court and she fought...AND SHE WON!!!!!!! So BLAH to ppl that think tht gurls cant done nethin.It was kinna like IN YOUR FACE !!! LOL
So now things are cool...Ben's got his own life,Amy's got her own life...they both went their separate ways...which is sad...but i guess everything happens for the good right?Ben's got Avril helpin him write lyrics,and hez also wrote lyrics for Kelly Clarkson's ''Breakaway''.He sang wid Anastacia the sountrack for ''Fantastic Four''.
So...Evanescence is here to stay!!!!

(Lol z000nie...u can stare at her all u want ;)

ADIOS!

MICHELLE


19 comments:

Vipul said...

yAy
Me the 1st one
Well personally i know Evanescence rOCK
Loved My Immortal:)
lol they did include their soundtrack in Daredevil too:)
U ROCK

Michelle said...

yay!!!!
lol yea they rock but i havent heard their nu song...icey said their nu album aint good :(
i know...''bring me to life'' was the original sountrack of daredevil...ive mentioned tht :)

lol
u rock;)

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Z000nie is droooling over Amy. It will take time for him to come back to his senses

Michelle said...

hahahahahaha drool away z000nie,drool away

Invincible said...

Hi Michele,

So now, Evanescence is broken or wot? My Immortal is really coming true?
'bring me to life' rocks.

is Amy Lee so pretty ?
Kelly C is much better (comparing as her name comes in the post)
n Avril is far ^ 5 better.

:)

Michelle said...

yo invincible!
wc to my blog
na ev aint broken...they hav come out wid a nu album
lol...lee and c...ha ha ha na shez really pretty(amy lee)
yea...avrilz cute ;)

:)

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I came across Evanescence, TATU and Jewel when I was in Dubai and I used to get this UK music channel in my hotel. "Bring me to LIFE" and "MY immortal" were ma fav songs I fell in love with instantly. I remember going late for my clients office just coz Evanescence was playing on the TV...hehehe

I heard about Amy's break up that was kinda sad. This thing happend while they were shooting video for the first album.

Now I own that album plus one live performance songs from the band. And important of all...Eva's music videos for me to check out AMY during weekends...hehehe ;)

GIRLS CANNOT LEAD A ROCK BAND!
This is news to me..and I think its stupidity too. Why cant they?

Anway...way to go AMY!!
Mwwaaaahhhhs to you.

Z0000n blushes

Michelle said...

awww watta true eva fan!!!!
aww i din know they broke up durin an album shoot hm... :(
i kno grrrr!!!! of course a gul can lead a rock band!!!! bloody fools!!! i hope she put them outta business!

mwhaaaaaaaaz to u too

lol awww@ blushes! so cute!!!

vnr406 said...

Gr33n Data Blog
Submitted by gr33ndata on Sun, 08/21/2005 - 08:39. . Blogs This is a link to my Blog: http://gr33ndata.blogspot.com/ By the way, I wish that LinuxGazette can do something to help people submet RSS feed from ...
Hey, you have a nice blog here! I'm going to bookmark you!

I have a corporate magician blog. It pretty much covers corporate magician related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Michelle said...

r these ppl advertisers?
/:|

Michelle said...

lol okie vipz
mwaaaahhh

Michelle said...

awwwwwwwwwww :(

Michelle said...

yep they r stayin! :)
god bless yr bro :D
lol
thanx
peace out
;)

Keshi said...

Evanescence is rare music...I luv My Immortal...it's haunting...reaches my soul deep within...makes me detach from my body...it's out of this world.

Viva forever Evanescence!
Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Quite an informative post...could u do some research on shakira's latest album....:)

Michelle said...

lol kesh yea...haunted totally makes ya feel like tht...them music...aaahhh...lol

i'll try rocky ;)

sLuG said...

Tourniquet is an amazin song btw...guitarring pretty similar to "My Dying Bride"'s "For You"....but tourniquet has more life in it....n s0 doz evanescence

Michelle said...

oooo!!!! i love tht song!!!
''my god,my tourniquet...return to me salvation...'' i love the words too!!!
yea its a really cool song

;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't feel like commenting on this one :-|

Never really heard them.. somehow