
I am suffering from the severest case of writer’s block and I just cannot seem to bounce back from this concrete pavement that I have collided with. This couldn’t have come at a better time because I am a heartbeat away from extreme hyperventilation at not having a solid Statement of Purpose ready. I can literally feel the burn from the melting clock that resides in my mind. I can barely hear it ticking anymore. It gets faint with every second that I struggle to concentrate and build up on an essay that will determine my future and my life. It is a bitter, bitter satire on how I love to write and am now facing extreme difficulty in constructing something that I was looking forward to the most. Writing has always been the one thing I will fall back on. It keeps me sane, it helps me realize that I might fail at a million other things but I can always express myself this way. I can always let my emotions flow both mentally and physically through words. However, a writer’s block along with a much frazzled mind makes for a very messed up me. This is the part that I’m supposed to flawlessly deliver with a tinkling smile and a swish of my hair.
December is going to be a mental month. It brings along hopes, dreams and experiences. The hopes and dreams will hopefully transpire into reality. The experiences I have this month – having my photos exhibited for the first time ever and letting the true psychedelic spirit inside of me rip through at Sunburn and inspire me to get over this temporary phase filled with average thoughts. The temporary absence of my craft makes it only de rigueur that measures be adopted to get it back.
3 comments:
Hello, Michelle!
I loved your posting. have a nice weekend.
I hope you got out of your writers block phase and are doing fine now :) Congrats on the exhibition! I'm having a panic attack right now because my SOP isn't even close to ready and...ARGH.
LOVE the header, by the way!
Post a Comment