Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Imaginary Colours.


A piece of glass throws back a reflection
It's not a reflection to your soul
It sadly is, however - how the world sees you as a whole.

Your heart could be crafted with candour
No dregs of malice ever remain
Every negative particle - effaced
But you still feel the pain.

You're on the path to progress
Your mind creating a shield
You fight off the disparaging demeanor
But your naïveté proves to be your Achilles' heel.

You laugh off the suspicions
You cling to faith
You climb that teetering ladder
But it snaps; sending you crumbling down.


You were the bait.

7 comments:

Mystique said...

Hello.

Prax said...

How/from where do you get such amazing & 'fitting' photos to go along with your posts?

Also, I kinda CAN'T figure that the poetry is actually dark or is it just 'cause I'm having blues.

Ganesh Jaju said...

Impressive! Did you click the snap as well?

Michelle said...

Mystique,
Hello, to you too!

Prax,
Haha. It's a gift =P. Sadly, I can only ever write dark poetry. I really SHOULD try writing happier things.

Ganesh,
No, I didn't. Just seemed fitting =]

Unknown said...

wattapoet :*

Michelle said...

Whattaneviltwinretardperson! =*

Fatimaa.S said...

WOW. You're amazing! And I like your blog. You got yourself a new follower! :D

P.s check out mine too, I'm sorta new.