Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Chase.

What I have learnt (or hope to learn) to avoid :
  • Drama - No, it NEVER entertains as some people claim. Drama is for losers that pathetically live vicariously through it cause that's all they have to look forward to.

  • The Past - Even though certain events present themselves with a sliver from the past, I have learnt to either let go, or live through it with a smile on my face. Distance it. Finito.

  • Fighting for the ones I care about - I know this sounds HORRIBLE. But experiences have just taught me that everytime I did, they proved that they weren't really worth fighting for and gave me a quick swift on my derrière back to reality.

  • Getting excited before executing something - This ones been the hardest to work on. I still live in that stupid little place where I believe things are possible. I used to be a realist. I just started believing more. Evidently, I'm still living in la la land. I hope I start believing in the right dreams.

  • Fake "Hellos" and awkward small talk - If you know me, you'd know that I am tremendously phobic of the two. I absolutely CANNOT deal with acknowledging a random someone out of courtesy. I don't believe in forced courtesy. If you REALLY want to torture me, leave me alone with yet ANOTHER random someone I have absolutely NOTHING in common with and I'll probably end up saying something utterly futile and embarrassing like "Ha ha, yeah I have a tiny bladder".

  • Low self esteem - I've learnt to brush it aside instantaneously. I'm talented. I can take on anything. I fucking know that.

    My heart felt random today. Actually that's what my mind thinks my heart felt. Catharsis never fails.

    History seems to be repeating itself lately. I won't deal with it anymore. I have spent way too much time and energy over it. Let it hit me with its best shot. The disappointments only make me stronger.
  • 4 comments:

    Obscure Optimist said...

    Realisations.. huh!
    Pretty and interesting - Blog and the thought...
    I totally empathize with your chase and the desire to stop chasing :)

    good post. keep it up!

    Michelle said...

    =]

    Johnny Ong said...

    not easy goin thru such ups and downs but importantly hold on to yr dreams and dont let anyone talk u out of it

    Michelle said...

    Yes, ty =]