
The feelings never fall short - for the following post. I write about this every year and the feeling never changes. Yet, I find myself to have so much more to say.
I have had phases with almost everything in my life (as does everyone). Every phase fleeted by. The fleeting of few, were sorrowful. Likes stuck around for a while and eventually vaporized, my aim for “future” eventually started taking this completely different detour that felt promising. The truest of friends stuck around, while the others oscillated in and out as per the situation.
He remained constant. He fought my challenges with me. He literally picked me up every time I felt like I couldn’t ever get up. He played every role in my life that seemed to be lacking. He looked out for me more than he ever looked out for himself. It made me realize, that whole theory that Marshall and Ted have in HIMYM about how it’s just when you are down and not looking for that one person, is EXACTLY when he comes along is one of the most awesomely twisted true things out there. It’s usually the minute that you think that you aren’t going to be part of a “we” for a while and just stick to a “you” when cupid decides to strike you HARD.
He is also another reason why my belief in destiny hasn’t wavered ever since I met him. This might sound so extremely nauseatingly filmy, that you might even groan out loud; but it’s true. When I saw him for the first time, everything around me did blur. I don’t even know why. It just did. A second later, I actually snapped out of it and wondered “What the hell was THAT?”
But destiny did poke its dainty little nose into the picture. Meddled in the most unconventional way and forced L to put forth that one question. And the rest, as they say, is history. =]
The speed at which things took off still leaves me so completely breathless, I often wonder about that one day! I couldn’t even explain my feelings for him and we were already texting sweet nothings to one another. My mind was so confused but my heart couldn’t be happier. It’s almost as if my life took a completely different course. As if, God had a sudden revelation and realized “Whoa! Wait! He can’t go to that other college, he’s PERFECT for Michelle!”
We have always discussed what would have happened if he continued doing the same old course in the same old college. I doubt if we would have ever crossed paths. But you know, I have a feeling that even if he never walked into college that day, I’d still be with him.
Four years ago, I didn’t have the courage to do a lot of things. I didn’t have the guts to say or face things. It’s insane what a person can do to you. It’s insane what LOVE can do to you. It’s insane how you suddenly stop living your life JUST for yourself.
Yes, four years is SO overwhelming. The kind of feeling the pudgy 16 year old me would NEVER have imagined.
Until the next World Cup. Ronaldo vs. You.
We’re awesome.
あいしている.
7 comments:
wow so happy for you AND him! ur a beacon of hope for the rest of us!
awwwww :) 4 years :) n HIMYM is awesome right !!
congrachulayshuns aamz :)
congrats.. 4 years is a great achievement both of you.. keep it up. Have a great time both of u
ronaldo ????
Thanks guys! <3
Deepa,
It's a joke we share =]
Very nice! And yes, congratulations. Its a feat!!
And I can so understand what you are trying to connect up with HIMYM. Thats an incredibly beautiful watch!
hi michelle :) nice to hear good things
Post a Comment