
This is nothing but a small break from burying myself under my books again.After writing four papers that were 3 hours long (each!), I feel like my right arm is about to fall off.I had almost forgotten what it felt like to study last minute, considering the amount of free time the college provides us.
But, turning into a 'scholar' did not stop me from watching American Idol! God, I LOVE DAVID ARCHULETA! Everytime he sings and smiles, I just want to grab him and keep him forever! Hes like a bundle of cuteness and sensitivity and an amazing voice! The decibel at which the girls (and I) scream after he performs is pretty much evidence to how much hes loved :P. My grandmom dreads Wednesday evenings cause I go beserk and always sing out loud.I really think they should stop these stupid celebrity mentors and just let them sing what they want! Dolly Parton was a mentor this week, and I do like some of her music but some just don't make any sense! I mean, if David Cook hadn't added a little rock vibe to her version of 'Little Sparrow', I wouldve switched the TV off.Who cares about a song about a sparrow?
Other than being a TV junkie, I'm reading this book called Samira and Samir by Siba Shaikh.It is yet another book based on the life in Afghanistan and the story of a girl that pretends to be a boy because her parents were devastated when she was conceived and wanted a boy to succeed them.Its got a very Khaled Hosseini feel to it which is why it attracted me! But, the way Siba Shaikh writes is very different nevertheless.She potrays emotions through a lot of ways that really make you admire her imagination!
Waiting for the 9th of April when the curse of exams will be lifted!
7 comments:
Hi,Mich!I love the way you write-full of vim n vigour-like the'review' of American Idol David.:)
Ooh-another book on Afghanistan?I think authors are becoming like our Hindi movie story writers-whatever sells,they want to do an overdose,perhaps?
Happy 9th of July.:)
lol! exams exams...i mean come on life it self is a test...why test in a test? now will make a very good script fro a movie...staring deepika and hmmm...aamir? you want to write the script? :P ;P ;)
ur telling me!!! I luurve David..and Brooke and Michael!! this season is pretty exciting, but there;s still something missing! I'm not sure what though..
get back here soon! we miss you! :(
amit,
lol thanks amit...overdose mebbe but surprisingly u dont find them writing bout the same things over and over...the stories r so different! shes written another book called 'afghanistan- where god goes to weep' i love the title! so i think im gna get hold of the book!
vishesh,
lol i love aamir not a very big deepika fan hehe
lemony,
i love brooke too! i was quite surprised she was in the bottom three last time!
ahhhhhh hope you did well!
Three hours :) Deja vu.
Need to check the book.
dalicia,
thanks the results r on the 26th! :S
anil
u shud :)
Post a Comment