Monday, December 10, 2007

Liberation!


I'm finally free! This week was pretty hectic and now I don't have to feel guilty about doing something other than studying :P


My papers were quite OK. I'm pretty bummed cause I don't I will be getting full marks in my Japanese exam because I think I screwed up one or two questions in my listening exam :-( but the results are in March and I'll worry then :P




Anyway, I had been meaning to put this up quite sometime back but exams came around and I totally forgot about it.Its a little something I wrote...the poet in me if I may say so.


Let me know what you think!




The Journey Of An Empty Page




The bareness seemed inviting


A drop of ink made it alive


It welcomed thoughts and opinions


It welcomed truth and lies


It was always non-judgemental


A writer's best friend


It bore the weight of a secret untold


Until the very end


It sharpened memories;


When dug through a pile


It brought smiles on faces


Like christmas morning for a child


It lived on for years to come


Through quarrels and the dust of time


The empty page that once provided solace, lay forgotten


Bearing painful rhymes.






I get these sudden jolts of creativity while day dreaming and I just happen to put it down in words.Wrote this one in 5 minutes by the way :P

17 comments:

Cinderella said...

The pretty lady is back !!!!
And how...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girl, that was a fantastic piece. I loved the flow of the poem....the spontaneity and its lucid quality of rendition.

Good work sweets.

Cinderella said...

And oh, forgot to mention...love the new template...
Avril baby rocks...!!!

Sam said...

hey wb!!!
and so i must say your 5 minutes were extremeley well spent!!

tulipspeaks said...

wb dearie! ur new template is ideal choice for u! :)


ammu.

Michelle said...

cindy,

why thank you *takes a bow* :P and yeaaahh u gotta love avril :P

sam,

thanks sam...and thanks for the text too! :)

ammu,

hehe thanks ammu!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i think it is refreshing. nice

Michelle said...

thank you

harshad said...

hello!!! how u doin?
really really nice...love the simplicity of it. :-)
wb btw!!

duh i wish i cud get those sudden jolts of creativity...im alwys sleepin whn i get em i guess..

darkling said...

niceeeeeeeeeee

Karthik ,K.N said...

nice poem michelle....really tht created good memories...

but i suppose we are using more keyboard than pen and paper...

pity tht its happenin like tht in these days

Vintage Girl said...

daamnnn ur done w/ exams....i still have them till saturday... boo!
but after that a month of pure absolute funnnnn!! in indiaaa woohoo! haha

Michelle said...

harshad,

hahaha thanks..n don worry...sleeping is sumtin i do 99% of the time :P

darkling,

thank you :)

karthik,

yeah that is sad...fr the record i did write this on paper first :P i can never write poetry on the comp!

anahita,

haha yeah i can see ur countdown on msn! :P all d best for ur exam!

Dalicia said...

hi michelle been a long time :)
the name michelle in chinese is
written "rice" and "snow"
pronounce as (mi xue) the reason is, there are some ppl who don't necesarry speak english very well. so for a chinese person,
they just use the characters to hopefully help them with words

is your holiday!! party party!

Michelle said...

wow! thanks for the info dalicia!

Unknown said...

Nice one there! :)

and u all ready for christmas?? and the most exciting part .. the parties?? the plum cake and wine .. aaah

Anonymous said...

When you do get through the exams.. be sure to pass sushi around.

And that 5 minutes sure seemd to be quite creative.

Cheers.

Michelle said...

loon,

lol yeah kinda...thrs a christmas dinner @ home tomorrow lol

j,

thanks! :P