So, Helena Bonham Carter is all kinds of awesome. I'd never have thought anybody could take away the limelight from the very consistent Johnny Depp (being the hatter that too!).He is no stranger to eccentric roles (although he was bordering on creepy as Willy Wonka).Sweeny Todd, on the other hand was brilliant.I wish and hope with all my might that I can someday see it on Broadway.So, without digressing away from Helena, her versatility too, should be applauded.She was quite the psycho as Bellatrix Lestrange too.Fit into character perfectly! I can still hear that cold blooded laugh she gave before killing Sirius.
I wasn't mad at the movie.It had its good parts and not-so-good parts.Anne Hathaway's constant movement of as though she was on a cloud got annoying after a while.The 3-D effect was got to the foreground only during the first part of the movie (unlike Avatar, that gave you that constant feel of being one with the scene).Wonderland, I do not recall being quite so dark.But, all this can be forgiven because of the utter hilarious-ness of the Red Queen and that one line that never gets old - "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!".The Cheshire Cat, too smiled in that perfectly scary way.I can't wait to do a biographical study on Lewis Carroll and get into his head and delve further into the ambiguity; that is Alice in Wonderland.
Its quite an interesting way of looking at dreams.What if, what we have ever dreamt has never been a dream.What if we're all out there falling down various rabbit holes of our own? I think my theory gives Carl Jung's collective unconscious theory a run for his money.
Think about it. What if we aren't really supressing those desires that are too embarrassing to reveal. Everyone has their wonderland.Some pursue those things that they never think they could ever achieve, some unleash the horror that is within them and deal with it, some strive to 'find themselves' while being lost among the sea of people around them.What if a 'dream' is just a term? There is no real and virtual.The virtual is created through something that is real.
'Cause everything is never as it seems.
So, "You've gone mad! Bonkers! But, the best people in the world are!"
5 comments:
i share the same opinion about the movie! it was good but cud have been better lol and you make me think if the word real even has meaning to it or if us cowardly beings have just made it up to comfort ourselves and keep freedom in check!..?
For everything is what we make it out to be...
:) Nice post Mich! I'm dying to see the movie...for whatever it is! I think I'm officially beginning to hate all this archi-crap! :P
So many people have seen this movie :( Let me grab a copy soon...will then update!
off with their heads!!!! hehehe
N,
I hope you've seen it!
[S]itie,
LOL.
Post a Comment