Thursday, October 29, 2009

Diamond In The Rough


You see the murky water.

The frayed dress with stains of dirt.


Rusty hair.


Glittering charcoal eyes.


The pot on her head is bigger than the rest of her frame.


She giggles with a friend as she walks along the pebbled road.


Her hand moves animatedly stressing her point, the other, firmly gripping the vessel-careful to not spill any of that precious liquid that had her waiting for two hours as the gleaming sun scorched its way through.

She glances at me.A smile warmed my insides.

It spread through my veins and made me feel like the day had just begun.The coup de grâce was delivered by the sparkle of her nose ring.It was like a sparkle of hope through the darkness that had been surrounding me.A darkness, that didn't seem so dark now.


For, where lay her frayed dress were my crisp clothes.My jet black hair in contrast to her rusty strands.My glassy eyes against hers, that twinkled.My tote mocking her pot.I treaded along that pebbled road kicing a stone while she chattered with her friend.My bottle of cool water lay untouched as she took her treasure to a family of 7.


I straightened up my back.I inhaled the smell of wet earth.I continued walking and I smiled.Today was going to be a great day.

(Post inspired by- David's photos)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey awesome..

Laralils said...

Very nice Mich!!
and..
Shine on you crazy diamond! :)

Michelle said...

David,

:D

Lara,

Thank You!

Abhishek Upadhyay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abhishek Upadhyay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abhishek Upadhyay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

er,sorry abhishek.i kinda deleted your comment by mistake