Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tripping












I went on yet another detailed travel to the South of India on the constant nagging of my parents.I cannot recollect how many illnesses and chiropractic concerns I faked whilst wistfully trying to get out of going.
Let me refresh you on how I am terribly backward thinking and no-Mcdonalds-within-a-mile -radius phobic I am.I just consider it plain weird if there is no Mcdonalds in an area.Kerala has one Mcdonalds outlet.One.I love Kerala and its beauty and how it truly is God's own country, but some things are just frightening! I had to search through a million gold shop infested streets for a decent book shop that possessed a good read.I was desperate.I had no cousins.Just spent the first half of this 'holiday' with a bunch of old people talking about coconut fish gravies (which, by the way, were delicious) and the acres of land we possess.
I was bored.How I couldn't wait till we actually stopped the relatives house hopping and go on the real vacation.
The day we left, had me truly ecstatic.The sights I saw were breathtaking.Munnar, indeed is as close to heaven as it gets! There were certain places I could spend all day gazing at while sipping cardamom tea.
It made me realise that I shouldn't have had a preconceived notion about something I hadn't experienced.I was so caught up in missing so many classes and the main cause for my mind block- I WOULD NOT BE WORKING OUT FOR 15 DAYS! I mean, The minimum I go without sweating my butt off is a day.That was quite a challenge for me.But, I trekked and walked through mist filled, tree lined roads with my head phones on.It was so blissful.
The break was thoroughly welcoming.It felt nice to not cram my head with 500 japanese words a day.

But yes, a city girl does eventually start missing the noise and the bustle of her fast paced life.So, here I am.Working it.

3 comments:

Prax said...

I see so many people revering 'bout scenic beauties makin' their vacations breathtakingly enjoyable & memorable.
I wish I could feel the same. These kinda vacations drive me mad.

Mabbe I'm just beauty-blind.

And I loved that Somethin' Me graphic on the top of sidebar...takin' & keepin' it.

Eat, sleep, love.

Michelle said...

poison,

lol yeh

prax,

ur not a fan of them huh?

Johnny Ong said...

i cld say that those trips u went abt wld be trips that can't be bought by money. enjoy yr trips and go for yr dreams