

The power of one magical word
Polite words like THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU are said to be magical.They are,in their own way...but the one word that i realised means so much is a simple 'SORRY'.I agree it doesn't always work...most of the times...when you say this word,you can save a relationship.Usually,the main factor that prevents you from sayin that 'sorry' is the ego.I mean come on...everyone is egomaniacal to some extent.Take me for example-I'm probably one of the most egoistic people you might come across.But when it comes down to a relationship at stake,i will move ahead and say sorry...EVEN if its not my fault.
Because i know,that ruining a healthy relationship with a person just because of your ego would probably be the stupidest thing to do.I almost cut all relations with my best friend because both of us thought the other was at fault,and both of us were too egoistic to go and say sorry.
He did say sorry at first but then acted really stupid.But then later,i realised that how much i missed him.And how much i regreted not saying sorry because i was going through a really bad phase and needed my best friend.
Today i had a long talk with him.I apologised,and now i couldn't feel better.Just few hours ago i felt that everything was going wrong in my life.But now,i feel life couldn't get better.
This word maybe only five letters but it can melt a person most of the times.So,if you think you owe someone an apology,go ahead,it might affect your ego,but if you keep thinking about your ego,you won't have anyone to be able throw that ego around.You at least won't lose a friend,which at least for me,play a very vital role in my life.
Is there someone you want to apologise to?
18 comments:
Nah, I don't usually have a problem saying sorry. I pull away when I have to say I love you because I fear I will get too attached and then breaking away will be difficult.
Yep, so true ... i wish everybody realised that incl. me.
Hey Mich!
Great post...very well-analysed and neatly written...
**Because i know,that ruining a healthy relationship with a person just because of your ego would probably be the stupidest thing to do.
true...very true...and for u to have realised it at this age is just brilliant. Cos I have seen ppl older than me acting really dumb cos of their ego...they lose in the end.
**Is there someone you want to apologise to?
To my loved-ones, I always say sorry...to any strangers, I dun give a damn and thats if Im not wrong.
And that first comment is the sorry-ass who's life is one big sorry :)
Keshi.
Let me start making my list...i owe an apology to a hell lotta ppl.
"But when it comes down to a relationship at stake,i will move ahead and say sorry...EVEN if its not my fault." Thats great. Very few only can able to do that.
Ego and attitude is part of your life!
Everyone has some part of it! Some supress it, and the others ooze it out!
It depends from time to time
Cuz sometimes being egoistic can help you though am saying, not most of the times
So it isnt necessary to shed it
If you think you made a mistake, then no harm you should go str8 to tat person and say SOrry only if u mean it!
Thats the thing i do!!
I never say SORRY TO anyone unless i mean it!
You know that isnt it:p
People are born with ego and attitude esp malezzz!
You just need to regulate its flow!:)
Nice post mich:)U rock!
very beautiful post dear...
it just needs that one extra step to take care of a relationship...
Just few hours ago i felt that everything was going wrong in my life.But now,i feel life couldn't get better
thats wat true friendz could do to u...
mez happy to see u happy
great post
Cheers
@ kroopa - yea...i know quite a few ppl that fear gettin too attatched...thtz pretty normal i guess...i mean no harm in playin safe...its @ least better than not gettin hurt right?
@ cheesy - u kno wat they say...its never too late :-)
@ kesh - thanx :-)
yea...i mean u dont really gain nethin by throwin yr ego arnd...ur frnd ends up stayin pissed,u end up stayin pissed...ur sad,ur fnd is sad...so nobody wins either way.it juz ruins the relationship further.
true... even i dont really think twice if has to wid a stranger
@ southy- :-) still hafta try tht recipe out ;-)
@ vanathi - i never was one of those few ppl earlier...but certain incidents hav made me realise tht i shud b those few ppl
@ wandu - exactly :-)...perfectly put :-)
@ puneet - totally!! thanx a lot!!! hugzzz
Hehe thats a superb post..these are small things but we always forget them..using such simple words and being courteous can make a world of difference!!Superb post mich...way to go!!
Thought provoking topic. And yes I have a bunch of people to say sorry to.
yeah its true gr8 way to put 4th ur analysis
Btwwwwww soooooooooooo cute pics
Already did. Twice. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year!
hmm..i'm thinking if i owe anyone a sorry..but at the moment,i don't think so..usually, i'll say sorry if its my fault..so, no sorry is pending for now..hahahaha
hugsss baby
=am000nie=
@ sudarshan - totally! and thanx :-)
@ dewdrop - :-)
@ ajay -thanx!
@ wandu - aww thanx!!! :D
@ pithaly - thats great :-) a very merry christmas and a happy to new to you too!
@ amu - hehehe thats cool hugzzzzz
aww...huggsss cheekz...misunderstandings occur...hope all is well now :-)
hey nice to c u back..
have you ever realised that subconsiously we say sorry many times to strangers we don even know..
like , wen ur walking n by mistake u brush into someone or u step on to someones foot ..
but the same thing doesnt come so easily when they r not strangers.. isnt it?
anyways the only people i have to say sorry is my parents for all the stupid things i do n i also know they would forgive me for all of them..
yeah we do...yeah really true :-)
yeah i guess our parents wud b one of the few people that wud forgive us for all da stupid things we do
:-)
Post a Comment